1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers cycle in and out of crackling in flash

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bjohn84, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjohn84

bjohn84 Thread Starter

I'm having an issue with my sound, but I don't think it's from my speakers. While watching online video, the speakers will behave fine for a minute or two, but then there will be a sort of digital sound, then a large amount of constant static for about 3-4 minutes, then it will crackle and be okay again, and 3-4 minutes later the same thing happens again on a continuous cycle. During the large period of static, video seems to freeze up a bit, but still plays with nothing but the static. During the static if I try and play a song in itunes it will work though, just with the other static present with it. I do have an older sound blaster audigy 2 soundcard. Not sure what to try since I can't really find something similar people are going through since it's kind of difficult to describe.

2. bjohn84

bjohn84 Thread Starter

I also wanted to add that this still happens when I plug headphones into the computer and bypass the speakers

3. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Try updating or reinstalling the audio drivers. With that said, it sounds like the audio chipset is faulty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002295