Not open for further replies.

Speakers not working

Tags
sound
507 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 · (Edited)
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8047 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (59 GB Free); D: 931 GB (483 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., FX504GM
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

So I'm usually fine with computer problems, but this one's got me confused.

I turned my computer on and my neither my speakers nor my headphones worked anymore
The green bar for specific programs moves but the one for the speaker doesn't, as shown in the picture.
Windows troubleshooter isn't finding any sound problems, I've restarted several times, disabled and reenabled Realtek audio in device manager but nothing seems to have any effect.
Any help would be appreciated

Edit: I can get some audio to play through headphones by loading Rocksmith, which takes exclusive control of the audio drivers. When I close it the laptop goes back to not outputting sound at all again

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried downloading the audio drivers from ASUS? Windows 10 has been known to install the wrong drivers. the ASUS web site shows 2 audio drivers For the FX504GM
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX504/HelpDesk_Download/
Version 6.0.1.8396 2018/06/08 (Realtek) and Version 1.0.10.0 2018/06/08, DTS Component Driver V1.0.10.0, may need both to work right. You could also try rolling back to a previous driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.