Speakers not Working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RiemannFan

I have a Soundblaster card with 5 speakers and sub-woofer (Creative Inspire 5.80).

Suddenly, I find that the two front speakers and the centre speaker have stopped working.

Has anybody come across a similar problem?

:(

Im gonna make some silly recomendations but its a place to start.

1. Are the speakers plugged in?

2. Do the speakers work? (i.e. do they function have you tried to hook them up else where and they make noise)

3. Try unistalling the device and reinstalling it using the latest drivers.

Hope this helps

RiemannFan

Not a bit silly!

All conections are OK.

I've tested the outputs coming from the Card, i.e. green orange and black, by plugging each in turn into the headphone socket of a radio. The result is that I only hear sound when I plug the black (rear) connector into the socket. This is consistent with the symptoms from the speakers.

So it seems that I'm not getting any output from the front or centre channels.

:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online