Speakers sometimes... fizzle out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VgtPrncfllSy

This is a new computer with the speakers that came with it. Sometimes, they just kind of fizzle out on me and I have to mess with volumes and powers to get them to work.

Any ideas?

poor internal connections...if you can fiddle with the speakers them selves and it turns back to normal than it is definately not a computer based problem.
if you feel confident enough, you might try opening up the speakers (im assuming they are plastic computer speakers) and checking the wiring.
-mphair

VgtPrncfllSy

Interesting idea... it could be poor wiring. Usually I can fix it by toggling the volume and turning the power on and off, would it still be a problem with wiring?

hmm, im really not sure. it might just be bad speakers. The ones that come with computers are usually pretty cheap. might wanna go to radio shack/comp usa/frys/best buy and pick up some new speakers. i guess thats all i can really suggest.
-mphair

G'day Vgt, you can sometimes check your speakers by plugging the jackplug that normally goes in the rear of the computer sound card into an operating MP3 player.
This is handy to diagnose if the things are working.
Qldit.

VgtPrncfllSy

They haven't been acting up at all lately. I don't know, but they seem to work better when there is a certain ratio between computer volume, wav volume and the speakers volume.

Wierd. Topic done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online