1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers,sound drivers?? cables??? OMG someone blow this thing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by meintool, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meintool

meintool Thread Starter

OK so heres the jist of my setup

dx58so mother board(using on board sound)
    core i7 920
    gtx285
    850w power supply
    6gigs skill ram

Okay, So, I built my computer apprixmately 3 years ago, i've always used the onboard sound and have never had a problem, for the past 6 months I only get sound out of the left speaker and the subwoofer, If i swap connectors from the back of the subwoofer both sound channels swap to the other speaker, So im getting sound out of only the left subwoofer connector, i could never figure it out so, I've been using my computer speakers with only 1 speaker connected and the subwoofer. I recently got very fed up with this issue because everything sounds like crap coming out of only 1 speaker.

I had a buddy come over and bring his known working speakers to my house same type of 2.1 setup and it worked perfectly, with sound channels coming out of both right and left speakers as well as the subwoofer, My usb headphones also play sound correctly. I KNEW IT! It just had to have been my 3 year old logitech speakers (or subwoofer) crapping out on me! no big deal, ill buy another set. I figured I would try the Genius 2.1 speaker set up this time, due to its very good reviews.

I Recieved it in the mail today, very excited to get proper sound and.... wait... what??>?>?REALLY?!?!?!?! still??? only sound out of the left speaker? and its playing both sound channels still out of only the left connector from the subwoofer.. brand new speakers!!! totally different brand.... USB HEADPHONES STILL WORK FINE.... all configurations are set to stereo there no no effects turned on balance is all proper.. tried uninstalling and reinstalling new and old drivers, checked device manager and windows audio manager everything is listed as working properly. I am so angry right now Please someone help??? i have no idea why any of this is happening i feel like im being messed with by someone...

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Wow, I feel your pain :( If you have not run a check disk lately, do so. I'm not sure what version of Windows your running; but I'll take a stab in the dark and post this:)

http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html

Vista :)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.

3. meintool

meintool Thread Starter

sorry its vista 64bit. ill run a check disk now and come back with results,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice