1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers volume control problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HighTechBeer, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighTechBeer

HighTechBeer Thread Starter

First off,this is my first post ever on this forum ( yay ) and i'm not too up to date with technology and the terminology that goes with it so you will most likely have to break some things down as simply as possible for me.

So basically i just bought a new set of logitech x-530 speakers which are amazing and all except for this one tiny problem.

Whenever i connect ANY pair of headphones or earbuds or w.e into it's headphone jack i can hear the sound just fine but i cannot control the volume using the dial.Basically it's like they are connected just fine but only to the extent that i can only hear sound but not control it.

(My own mind told me to first off try and update my sound drivers but you see i don't quite know how to do that ,i let the thing search for any available updates on its own but it always says the drivers are up to date which i don't really believe.)

Help would be appreciated.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you sure the volume control for the speakers is suppose to control the headphones and not just the speakers?
    Does it work to control the speaker volume?
    If it is suppose to control the headphone volume as well then its going to be a hardware problem with the volume control dial or something else in the speakers and not anything on the PC, so updating the drivers isn't going to help. Once you plug the headphones and use the dial on the speakers the computer gives up the control - you can still control the master volume on the PC but the dial should work independently.

You can either try contacting Logitech for support to find out if your set is broken or wait for someone with the same or similar set that knows if the dial can control the headphone volume as well.

3. HighTechBeer

HighTechBeer Thread Starter

Well logic told me that when there is an image of a pair of headphones on it then obviously it should control those as well once i plug them in : P. (besides,one would figure a pair of modern speakers could control the headphones volume just as much as regular volume)
    I don't think it's a hardware problem because the dial works just fine without the headphones plugged in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice