1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KibaFrost, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KibaFrost

KibaFrost Thread Starter

Suddenly my sound card has been producing an odd humming noise thru the speakers and i have no idea why or what caused this, the only recent thing i did was upgrade the RAM and a GRAPHICS CARD. why I think this is the sound card and not the speakers is because when I plugged in headphones (non-USB) they played the sound, however USB headphones play the normal sounds.

Steps already taken.

Turned Off/On.
    unplugged all affected equipment.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled Drivers in Device manager.
    asked google.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    fan on graphics card?

3. KibaFrost

KibaFrost Thread Starter

what about it?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The new card (graphics card) could be producing interference. This is the greatest downside with onboard chipsets. They are succeptible to any interference inside the case created by any other addon cards.

Swap the old gpu back in and see if the problem goes away.

A USB device is outside the case, and thus not affected.

5. KibaFrost

KibaFrost Thread Starter

That sounds about right, Is there anyway to fix it with the new GPU Installed? Im not ready to play around with the set up for about another month, don't want to accidently damage something and i would rather the new GPU take precedence.

You also stated that A USB is outside the case and not affected, would the speakers not fall under that category as well?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice