1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jedicmdrwedg, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jedicmdrwedg

jedicmdrwedg Thread Starter

I want a set of speakers that gives good quality, and mine simply do not deliver. Surround sound would be nice, but I'm not sure if it would work, because my setup looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    So I don't know where I would hang the speakers if the sweet spot were to be around the computer (remember, it's in the corner of a fairly large room).

If anyone has recommendations as to how I might go abotu hanging the speakers, I would be happy to hear tham. But the surround feature takes a back seat to what I'm more concerned with: sound quality. The set of speakers I was most recently considering were the Logitech Z-640s; they're 5.1 speakers that give good sound (my sister has a set) and only go for forty dollars on Amazon. But if anyone could offer me an alternative set of speakers preferably around the $50-60 range that would give good sound, taht would be greatly appreciated as well.

2. jedicmdrwedg

Also, Newegg users seem to be of the mind that the Logitech X-530s give better sound quality. Anyone have any experience with them?

3. jedicmdrwedg

bump
    BY the way, should this be in another forum?

4. brindle

brindle

Nay you're in the right forum, hardware is hardware. Speakers are a personal thing and it's hard to tell someone what might be good for them. If your looking for spec. you can google for them. Next week I'm buying z640's

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I have a set of Logitech speakers and known many others who have some as well and I have yet to hear any speakers that even come close to anything that Logitech makes in the same range. I don't known how well the X-530's perform but the Z5300 and Z640's are incredible and I would assume the X530 are no different.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice