1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaking of ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Links2, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Links2

Links2 Thread Starter

I am about to take advantage of some low(but rising)ram prices...I am going toslap another 256 into my system and am curious as to what kind of ram(brand name) would be best...I currently have Micron in my system but have been pointed toward Kingston(have never heard of them before but now that I have looked online for them I see that quite a few computer stores carry them)...let me see if i can remember what i have in my system now...
    I have an ASUS motherboard,with an A7V (KT133), and I currently have the Micron PC133 168 pin SDRAM Simm(?)...the company that I purchased the system from mentioned that with the major drop in ram prices,there was also a bit of a drop in quality and they are the people that have decided to go with the Kingston now and are getting away from the Micron....
    Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Kingston CL3 PC133 168pin SDRAM DIMM w/SPD EEPROM (256MB) is what they are suggesting...

Thanks in advance

2. ratchet

ratchet

Links2,
    I'm not to sure about kingston, I have a year old stick waiting to be sent back if I can find the reciept. I also am waiting on mobo
    tech support before I send back a 256 stick (also kingston) that has be very unstable. Glad you started this thread, would also like to know, has anyone ever actually reicieved a rebate check from kingston?

3. Links2

Links2 Thread Starter

not liking the sounds of this Kingston "stuff " at all...lol

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Links2,
    I use Crucial Ram (www.crucial.com). Not had any problems. Alsothey give free 2nd day shipping!

5. Links2

Links2 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply and suggestion...also, thanks for reminding
    me of my youth...as you can see, i have changed my avatar to one of my favourite characters...I also like Foghorn and Yosemite...lol

6. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Links2,
    Always have been a Marvin fan!! My boys and wife kid me about it! Looking for a Marvin figure to put up by my PC!! lol

7. Rockn

Rockn

Look on pricewatch.com and when going through the categories for whatever memory you want...look for Corsair and Mushkin

8. Rikku

Rikku

i like mushkin. plus it sounds funny :D "Mush-kin" lol

9. Rockn

Rockn

Better than Pump-Kin.....LOL
    Sorry....couldn't help myself.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice