'special new game' email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

petercraig

I received a email msg with the title "special new game" and because the sender address was similar to that a relative, I opened the msg. The text portion was a short and taunting 'about this game is just for you'. No attachments, no embedded HTML as far as I could tell. Shortly thereafter, like a minute, I had difficulty printing to my hp inkjet connected on a usb port (kept reporting printer not ready, even though it was) and my 2wire PNA router locked up shutting down a portion of my network. A scan with NAV didn't detect any known virus. Was this all a coincidence ? This has been an extremely stable system.

Hi,I got one about 9 months ago, it went like this;

Subject

A very excite game

Hi, this is a excite game
This game is my first work
You're the first player
I expect you would like it

About the same time another person got one.

I didn't open mine because it was suspect right away
As far as I can remember it is a virus. :mad:

petercraig

It's definately a klez message, identical to the text above, and two machines are displaying symptoms. Unfortunately neither the symantec nor the Mcafee klez detect tools are finding any infection, but the symptoms of intermittent printer access are on both machines, one machine seems to lose it's IP address/lan connection as well periodically. The registry doesn't show the classic klez key in HK_Local..\Soft..\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\run either, but thr problems persist. Any body else with a new klez variant ?
Peter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online