1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Specific issue: Features unnavailable using wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by reecetard, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reecetard

reecetard Thread Starter

Hello,

A very specific issue, I can't seem to find any evidence of other people having this problem online.

The problem started a few weeks ago. When connected to the internet using a wireless connection, there are several things I am unable to do:

-Download/send emails on Outlook (I receive an error message:
    Task '*****@*****.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.')
    -Connect to game servers (namely Tibia)
    -Connect to online webcam servers e.g. chatroulette.

Connecting to webpages etc. is no problem at all. I'm assuming these issues are all related.

When I'm connected to the internet using a cable, I AM able to access these services. The problem only occurs when using a wireless connection. I have the same issue at home and at work.

I'm guessing the issue lies within my connection settings? This problem seemed to appear out of thin air, I don't recall changing any settings in my computer.

Some help would be much appreciated (I'm a tech noob, so might need instructions for dummies :))

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice