1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Specific Web Pages Will Not Load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by miclairy, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. miclairy

miclairy Thread Starter

Facebook, Tumblr log in page, Pottermore and Apple pages will not load on any wed browser (Chrome, Firefox and IE) or any computer. All computers run windows 7 and one is very new. It seems to be getting worse as time moves on. The web browser will just keep spinning until it times out.
    "Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out." (chrome)
    I can access tumblr tags and blogs but not the log in page. My ipod will load both facebook and tumblr but only occsionly loads itunes store.
    I have tried accessing the sites at through the library wifi and they work.
    I think it is something to do with the modem/ router. But I do not know
    The router is "Wireless G ADSL2+ Router
    Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

2. miclairy

miclairy Thread Starter

Managed to load facebook log in page but couldn't log in correctly as the graphics were all on top of each other. others still timed out. Also occasionally facebook loads but in basic version with no graphics etc.

3. miclairy

miclairy Thread Starter

Sorry but how do I do that. Does it matter if the local area connection is not working as the network cable id unplugged? Tried troubleshooting and it couldn't identify the problem.

4. miclairy

miclairy Thread Starter

Will try to connect to another network tomorrow.

5. miclairy

miclairy Thread Starter

I can access all sites on another network

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice