1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

specific web site shuts down computer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by saylorkev, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saylorkev

saylorkev Thread Starter

There is one specific web site (travelocity.com) that when accessed it completely shuts down the computer to scan disk mode. We used to be able to access this site in the past with no problems. It is the only website that does this. We use WinXP OS. It is like there is some kind of virus attacking just that website. I have Norton anti-virus software, have scanned computer with no detected virus - updates are current for the virus scanner. I have sent a request to the website - postmaster @travelocity.com but still waiting for a reply.

Any ideas?

Saylorkev

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The site uses Javascript, but runs OK for me.

Check your Java settings in Tools - Internet Options - Advanced

Mine is set for JIT Compiler for VM enabled. Console and logging are unchecked

3. saylorkev

saylorkev Thread Starter

The Java on our advanced tab is Java(Sun) Java 2v1.4.1_03 - it does not have the various options you mentioned. Earlier this summer we had to reload our OS and Java did not work for a while until we reinstalled it. Maybe we have a version that conflicts with that web site? Thanks for the suggestion

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice