1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Specification of hardware PB Packmate 7121

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by surffisher, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surffisher

surffisher Thread Starter

First I want to say How really a great forum site this is. I'm seeking the tech information of specifications & parameters for the RAM & Chip, Hard drive configuations for a Packard Bell Packmate 7121. I have a large source access to parts that go into this computer I need to know. How Much, what type RAM does it hold? What chipset and CPU does that board hold. If I need to look at the board for Identifying it; What exactly are the markings that I need to Identify? Looked at PB's site and just typing in the serial number did not provide me with any information. On another issue with older
    MS Word 2.0c, I get the prompt "Cannot Find MAPPI.DLL" Guess what? With many attempts to reinstall MS WORD, I still get the same Prompt when I start MS WORD 2.0c. I have looked in many places across the internet and have been unable to find it. I also have tried different Windows Compatibility modes WIN 95, WIN 98, NT 2000/XP None solve finding the missing MAPPI.DLL
    Also I am interested in using a different burner software, than NTI CD MAKER 2000. DOn't ask For Much Have I?

My Bucket of old bones computer: It Works!
    Packard Bell Multimedia 820
    MMxII 300 cpu
    11. GB Drive Consolodated with
    3.2 GB Drive consolodated
    128 MB RAM
    OS WIN XP PRO
    CD-R/RW 2x-8x Samsung SW408
    CD-ROM LTN301
    Hp DeskJet 882C Printer

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    From Crucial's website for a PB Multimedia 820: http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...d+Bell&cat=RAM&model=Multimedia+820&submit=Go

You have the RAM maxed out right now at 4 x 32MB and PB's usually limit upgradeability in the area of CPU's. Right now it appears you are using a Cyrix MII 300 CPU which is Socket 7 also appears it might be upgradeable to a K6-400/450 which is barely an upgrade. Overall the system should not be running XP at all - which also happens to be the reason Word is not working.

If you want a faster computer you should start saving up for a new, putting money into this computer would be a complete waste unless you are getting parts for free.

3. surffisher

surffisher Thread Starter

Yes For Nothing have My parts For FREE! Though I cannot find any specifications for the PB Packmate 7121. though I know I can put the Packmate 7121 together in a way that it will at least run Win 98, perhaps, maybe even ME. for the Youngster to learn on. I'm Not trying nor wanting to upgrade the MMxII PB 820, Have a bunch of parts. I just Lowlevel formatted a bigger hard drive and going to install it. I understand this one is maxed out! It is the Packmate 7121 I wanted to know more about! I don't know the specs. or parameters for it. I have to concure with you about the MAPI.DLL issue. When I troubleshoot MS WORD, XP indicates that everything is running properly! Performance of MS Word is Fine, I just get the prompt Cannot Find MAPI.DLL

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice