1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Specifying print pages in Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by alma_gimpy, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alma_gimpy

alma_gimpy Thread Starter

Using Word 2007, P.C.
    I would like to know how to set my printing preferences to read the actual number of pages in the document as opposed to what I have set in the header/footer. Let me explain:
    I have a document which is 30 pages. However, I have set section breaks so that I could set up the header and footer to start numbering page 1 on the actual page 3 (the first two pages of the document are title pages.) Anyway, the header numbers then read 1-28, with 28 written in the header on actual page 30.
    When I go to print... and I want to specify which pages to print, let's say I want actual page range 17-20 tp print; well, I type in 17-20 into the field on the print box, but then actual pages 19-22 print because the printer read the header/footer page number, instead of the document's actual page number.
    Can I change the printer settings to read the actual document page number instead of the header/footer number? I have never done anything like that, so I would need fairly specific directions of where to go inorder to make these changes, if at all possible; also, I am a little uneasy with Word 2007 and how to locate certain applications and settings, so I might need general help getting to the right area. Thanks so much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/747636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice