1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Specs for a gaming pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by assasin1364, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. assasin1364

assasin1364 Thread Starter

Hello team my specs are :
    cpu : intel core 2 quad q8300
    ram : 4gb single channel
    motherboard : fujitsu siemens ms-7504vp-pv
    graphic card : amd radeon r9 380 series

Now my pc is really slow fps spikes , slow access to programms , spikes everywhere generally.
    I was considering changing my ram to 2 8GB rams
    That should help me out or i would have more problems ?
    I want to buy those 2 8gb for my pc to run faster in-out while gaming or doing other stuffs
    What u suggest guys?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The specs show that motherboard has two RAM slots and only supports 4GB of RAM (ie: 2 x 2GB).

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That motherboard supports a maximum of 4 GB(2 GB X 2) of DDR2-800 RAM, so you don't have any option to add more RAM.

Its processor is too old and doesn't have the "horsepower" for gaming.
    processor.JPG

The only decent piece of hardware you have in that computer is its power-hungry graphics card.
    graphics.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. assasin1364

so if i change my motherboard i can equip 2 8gb rams?

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    It's not as simple as switching to a new motherboard.
    You need to find one that uses newer and faster DDR3 RAM and that supports 16 GB or more.
    You also need to find a better and faster processor that the new motherboard supports.

You obviously know little about gaming computers and the hardware that's required.
    You really need some "hands on" help and advice from someone who does.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. assasin1364

yeah thats why i came here , do you have anything to suggest so i can order online these stuffs?

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never built a gaming computer, so I can't advise you what motherboard, processor, RAM, power supply, etc. to buy.

Some of the hardware/gaming experts here may be able to advise you, but first you need to advise us how much money you have to spend on a gaming rig and what country you live in.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like you have a Fujitsu-Siemens desktop. Which exact model?

You pretty much need new everything except the video card.

What is the exact power supply that you have? I assume you upgraded that for the current GPU at some point.

You will need a new motherboard, processor, and RAM. Possibly a new power supply, probably a new copy of Windows. You should also get a new case to improve airflow and give you more room. A new hard drive or even better, a super fast SSD would also be a good idea.

Do you have a budget? What country do you live in and what options do you have for ordering parts? Are you going to build it yourself or want a fully assembled system?

9. assasin1364

i hava a budget of 300-400 euro

CPU:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
    Yorkfield 45nm Technology
    power supply : 500watt
    i live in greece , i can order from everywhere everything i guess , i have a friend thats gonna build it for me since i dont have the knowladge for that

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What exact power supply? There's cheap useless 500 watt power supplies that are nothing more than a failure waiting to happen and then there's quality one. Check the label to get the exact model.

I have no idea where to buy stuff in Greece.

11. assasin1364

it's a greek turbox 500w

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Seems to be a localized brand or a re-badge power supply, hard to say if it's good quality or not. Seems to be priced around the same as Corsair value lines so probably in the same ball park for quality; mid-level or entry level. Also most recommendations for the R9 380 are a 550 watt power supply or higher to be on the safe side. A 500 watt entry level PSU may not be good enough to keep the system stable and running for a long time.

For system specs I'd be looking at getting an Intel i5, probably one of the latest 6th generation models, 8GB of DDR4 RAM or more, a Gigabyte or Asus socket 1151 motherboard, and maybe a better power supply like Seasonic S12II 620 watt. Also an nice Corsair, Antec, or similar good brand case with good airflow and rooms for a couple cooling fans.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice