1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speed Boosts for Internet

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Duckman69, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

im looking for some speed boost programs for internet download, upload, even internal boost stuff, the only program i use now is tcpoptimize and it doesnt do much im not looking for the fastest computer wehn i do it but noticeable speeds would be cool and price doesnt matter, if any1 knows of any that they have used and ping tested or used speed sites to check before and afters please let me know, theres way way way too many out there for me to bother downloading and trying each one...

2. rodeognome

rodeognome

3. Koroush

Koroush

Most of these are fake and doesn't work, as far as I know!

4. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

thanks ill take a look @ that one i guess, and yeah i know most are fake or do almost nothing thats why i figured id ask if any1 had 1 that works for them but i understand most are spoof thanks guys...

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Speed boost? How about a faster ISP? ;) Most of the "speed boost" applications are nothing but tweaks to common registry values.

6. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

yea i understand that its just easier then doing the research and finding hte tweaks then implementing all them manually theres really no such thing as speeding up internet it was more or less a metaphore since thats what they call it i figured whatever but na i understand that and my speed isnt half bad i get 1300 kbs average downloads webpages load instantly i mean i just like looking for this stuff, anyway i founda good program called modem booster its a little more sufistocated then tcpoptimize and well it cost money but not for me :-D and it works pretty good probally bumped me maby 50-150 kbs avg not bad anyway thanks all for hte help...

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, it has nothing to do with "easier", it's just a reality check. For the most part, if you're getting within 90% of the maximum rated transfer speed for your ISP connection, there is very little to nothing you can do to speed it up. You may not like the answer, but that's life. ;)

8. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

yea i dont like the answer, but it didnt hurt to look i found out what i already pretty much knew it was going to be little to nothin in gains if anything it was more just for kicks but thanks john

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/601089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice