1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speed Issue With Netgear Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rajat.gupta08, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rajat.gupta08

rajat.gupta08 Thread Starter

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
    While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure both cables (modem to router and router to computer) are good. Make sure you have the latest router firmware and then reset the router to factory defaults.

3. rajat.gupta08

rajat.gupta08 Thread Starter

Already tried both things but problem still continues.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the router is plugged into a power strip or surge protector try plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Try it with the Wi-Fi signal disabled.

5. jhayz

jhayz

Do you have other devices connecting to your router at the same time? How are you measuring your current internet speed on both access point?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice