1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speed Video Streaming Up

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dusty8702, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dusty8702

Dusty8702 Thread Starter

Hi there. So yesterday I installed PS3 Media Server on my Windows 7 machine so that I could stream the movies on my external hard drive that is hooked up to my computer to my PS3. Both the computer and PS3 are connected wirelessly to my network. I have noticed that sometimes the video can get a little choppy. I suspect this is because I am doing this wirelessly. I would like to plug the PS3 directly into my router, but the router is too far away so this won't really be possible unless I move everything, which I would really not like to do. I was wondering if a network bridge set up and placed next to the PS3 and connected with an ethernet cable that way would speed up my connection speed or is that still the same wireless? If that wouldn't improve the apparent lag, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

2. oksteve

oksteve

How far away is your router ? Mine is 20 meters away.

3. Dusty8702

Dusty8702 Thread Starter

Well its the floor below me, so maybe 25 feet or I guess around 8 meters?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The vertical spacing is more significant at time than horizontal spacing due to the propagation pattern of a standard wireless antenna.

5. oksteve

oksteve

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice