1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by croesonen, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. croesonen

croesonen Thread Starter

I have a AMD athlon cpu that was runing at 2.25 gh but I looked at it yesterday and its showing the speed as 1.35 the only thing differant is a new power suply unit up from 300-500 any answers:eek:

2. GCDude

GCDude

im guessing the cpu settings in the BIOS were reset when u changed over the power supply. You need to find out what motherboard make and model you have and make the correct changes in BIOS to set the CPU to the right speed.

Take a look at your motherboard manual, or google it.

3. croesonen

croesonen Thread Starter

GC Dude I have a MSI K7N2G mouther board which is Nvidia nForce2 chipset based

the CPU is athlon+2800 how do I change it back in the BIOS I know how to enter the BIOS but not what to look for. :eek:

4. GCDude

GCDude

right had a google for "MSI K7N2G manual" and found your manual.

You want to have a look at chapter 3 - BIOS and Advanced Chipset Features.

Here u can alter the FSB. I assume its currently showing 100Mhz, where it should be 166MHz. Assuming you have a Athlon XP 2800+ Thoroughbred 2250MHz
    (FSB = 166MHz*13.5mp.)

5. croesonen

croesonen Thread Starter

thank you it is at 100 I will change it to166 I will let you know tommorow if it works.thanks again :eek:

6. croesonen

croesonen Thread Starter

Hi Dude it worked thanks a lot for your help, I am back to 2.25 and its runing a lot faster.:)

7. GCDude

GCDude

(y)

no problem :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice