Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedfan crashes system

11K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  KingZeus 
#1 ·
Speedfan 4.40 is crashing my system. I have used this rev and earlier ones for some years on my 2.8GHz Northwood with zero problems, but on my new E6700 Core 2 Duo 4G PC3-10600/1333MHz XP Pro system, it brings the system down very hard. Mobo is Gbyte G41MT-E2SL.

The monitor goes black and even the reset button won't reboot nor will the start button shut down the system when held down for several seconds. I have to kill the power at the power supply then it restarts and runs normally. What gives? I'm pretty sure it worked initially (but could be wrong). I was overclocking a little (still am) with the clock at only 300Meg and CAS tweaked from 9 to 6, but even after setting the BIOS back to all factory defaults it still crashes. ???

I don't see anyone complaining of crashes on the forum.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have HWmonitor, just not installed at present. I quit using it some months ago as some readings did not match my mobo h/w monitor util. Most did but the 12V value was consistently way low. I put a meter on it and confirmed that HWmonitor was wrong. ??? I'll give it another shot. What I like about Speedfan is the ability to have the cpu temp displayed in the bottom tool bar. Is there a trick to get HWmonitor to do this that I missed?

#6 ·
OK, thanks. It seems or later, everyone has their hand in your pocket. Still wondering if anyone else has had Speedfan crash on them. Seems like a video thing maybe as the first thing that happens on execution is the screen blinks, goes to horizontal lines then all black in about 2 sec. I'm using the onboard video on my Gbyte G41MT-ES2L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.