1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speedfan help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sara82, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sara82

sara82 Thread Starter

Hi recently my computer has been running a little hot and so I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the settings for speedfan. I have two fans one small and one large yet speedfan only seems to detect one. Any help would be apreciated as I haven't a clue.
    I have attached a speedfan capture (hope it shows up)
    vcore:1.48v
    +12v: 12.14v
    AVcc:3.31v

Attached Files:

2. Compaq__

Compaq__

Personally, I don't see an issue with your temps. I know speedfan says one of them is high but my laptop says the same thing and I've been fine for a long time. I'm running 7 degrees C hotter than yours is.

As for detecting the fans...my experience is that speedfan doesn't always detect all of the fans.

3. sara82

sara82 Thread Starter

But if I wanted to do something about it, is there anything you could suggest.Also my computer wasn't doing much at the time.Thanks

4. Compaq__

Compaq__

I assume this is a desktop PC. Pop it open and make sure all the fans are running. Make sure your system is running in a ventilated area and not shut inside a computer desk. You could also get a can of AIR and blow out the dust on the fans so they move air more efficiently.

Is this a home built PC or store bought?

5. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

I''ve used Speedfan and compressed air for a while and that combo works well for me. It's a laptop so I'm not sure how to detect more than 1 fan. Does their website have a forum perhaps (in case you've not already checked?).

Richard

6. sara82

sara82 Thread Starter

Its a store bought PC. There isn't a forum. I thought the program was more commonly used than it seems to be.I've cleaned the fans and thats cooled it a bit, I just wondered if anyone knew how to make them spin faster. thanks

7. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

It's a very popular program.

How did you figure it was hot? What's hot? Certainly not the numbers you've posted. I'm currently idling at 44C.

The trick to Speedfan is trying to figure out what the temps are really representing sometimes. As far as the warning on core you can adjust that warning to a higher value, 50 is a low value (assuming it's an AMD chip). As far as reading fans they have to be plugged into MOBO 3 pin headers. Assuming those temps are correct you are in good shape. The cpu fan speed seems low, but it might a PWM controlled one that will go higher if needed. If you want to be cooler go for more case ventilation (rear exhaust fans). That's usually the easiest and cheapest route. Add some if you have blank areas or get some high end, high cfm replacements.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice