SpeedFan/how to tell if computer is overheating? Random shutdowns

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gip213

Hi my computer randomly shuts down ever 10-15 minutes when I'm gaming and I suspect its overheating.
I'm not very experienced with hardware stuff and I got told to get SpeedFan but not sure what temperatures are normal?
I suspect its the flame, and if so how do I fix it/should I increase fan speed?
Attached is the speedfan readings. Thanks!

Attachments

dai

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and cpu temperatures and post them

speed fan does not indicate heat,the 125c reading is most likely a non sensor reading as something would be

disintegrating at that temp

gip213

Umm
AMD Radeon HD 6800
Intel Core i5-2400
8 gb RAM

Sorry, how do I check power supply and the listings in the bios?

And thats true haha didn't think of that.. Also thanks for your help so far

dai

for the power supply,take the side off the computer and look at the label

in the bios on the advanced page look for something like system health

crjdriver

Speedfan is not really that useful any longer. Most board makers have purpose built monitoring software. If you have an asus or gigabyte board, they have software on their sites for download. It will provide a MUCH better picture of possible overheating. In addition it will provide voltage readings as well.

You still have to open the case and look at the pw supply. Post the brand and wattage rating here.

You can probably change the fan speed in the BIOS. (I can, by turning up the 'start PWM value')

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online