1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spell Check Issue in Windows Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kolmtiger, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kolmtiger

kolmtiger Thread Starter

Can someone assist me in windows mail using windows vista? I seem to have lost my spell check function as I get this message.. "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked"
    Hope that someone can assist me in finding the missing files needed to gain my spell check function back..

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. kolmtiger

kolmtiger Thread Starter

Dear Mumbodog -- This sounds like a logical way of solving this issue; however, doing this will lose the spread sheets, word documents, etc from the restore point to the present which is not the solution I am looking for.. I have to belive there is other ways of achiving my goal without losing data, mail, folders, etc.. Any other sugggestions? Thanks kolmtiger

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

5. kolmtiger

kolmtiger Thread Starter

Dear EAFieldler -- Thank you for your suggestion; however, this fix has nothing to do with my problem. It only has to do if you lose the entire language spell book... Following these steps do nothing to repair spell check as the languages are still noted within this table.. Any other suggestions as it seems I may have lost some dll extensions or files.. Thanks kolmtiger

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

it is windows live mail or outlook you are using please

7. kolmtiger

kolmtiger Thread Starter

We are using Windows Mail, not Windows Live Mail.. kolmtiger

8. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

A suggestion would be to back up important data before doing the restore..

9. kolmtiger

kolmtiger Thread Starter

Yes, I understand this and thank you for the suggestion.. This would be a lengthy process and as you might know, windows mail is difficult to back up if you have many many folders containing such e-mails and thus I would like to find another option on how to repair this spell check issue.. There has to be a way to restore the dictionary or dll files or the complete window mail files without restore option, don't you think? Everything esle works in windows mail other than this option.. Thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!