1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spell check

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by plschwartz, Jan 14, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

I know that this board used to have a spell check service which had to be discontinued. But I wonder if the combined talent of members of this board could come up with an alternative for us older folk.
    My eyes are still good, hearing fine memory intact but spelling is going south quickly. Really would be a help
    found this site. Would this wor if we raised the cash?
    http://www.jspell.com/jspellorder.html

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

HERE is a free one that works great ! GBrumb posted it here some time back. Just download it and it adds a ieSpell option in your tools tab at top, clicking on it will spell check your post before you hit that submit button !...Rhett :)

3. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

Thanks Rhettman.
    Hope I am not being picky. But for this board I much prefer using netscape. The multiple tabs make fact-checking, chasing down links tec infinately easier than IE

4. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Sorry, I shy away from Netscape, I have 6.1, but it always crashes, there is supposed to be a spell check in Netscape, but I couldn't get it to work, after 2 crashes to the desktop, I gave up !... must be a way though :) Rhett

5. Ratboy

Ratboy

I believe the spell check in Netscape is only for Composer.

You may want to check you favorite freeware site for spell check software. I'm sure there are a few out there that will work in Netscape.

Here is a search results from download.com :

Search results for spell check

I don't use Netscape much, but maybe one of the other guys can give a recommendation of one that work for them.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice