1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spell check

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by silverdepot, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverdepot

silverdepot Thread Starter

Hope someone can help. I have a friend that is writing a simple letter in word. Everytime he tries to use spell check he gets a message that there isn't enough memory to use spell check. He has a 733 Mhz, I believe at least 128 sdram, about 98% of his harddrive is free, he is running at 83% performance. He doesn't download, he hasn't got graphics or other type of pictures loading up the harddrive. When he is online (aol.) he uses spell check in his e-mails, and it functions fine. Can anyone assist me on how to get spell check to work. Also, I have a new e-mail address to respond to. I haven't figured out how to edit my profile. The current e-mail address is: [email protected]
    Thank you,
    Judy Webb

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Judy, you should immediately edit your question and put something like:

[email protected]@comcast.net

That way, if someone wants to email you, they'll figure out your real email, but the softwares that search the web for email strings so they can spam you won't recognize it. :)

Anyway:

Clean the pc:

www.theofficeexperts.com/cleanyourpc.htm

and then do Word troubleshooting:

www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm

That should take care of it.

And of course, AOL is one application and Word is another. They have nothing to do with one another.

3. Miz

Miz

4. silverdepot

silverdepot Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. In deed I found the error message. I'll try to follow the instructions closely. Quite often it is Murphy's law over here. The last resort will be the registry.
    Thanks again.
    Judy Webb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice