Spellchecking protected forms in word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosslee

Hi

I am trying to enable spellchecking in a protected word document containing forms. I am at the stage where i know that a macro is necessary to do this. I have tried a macro which i downloaded but when i try to compile it i am getting an error.

Does anyone have a macro that works or an alternative solution to this? Also i would like to extend this as far as being able to edit(bold, italicise etc) text within the protected form as well but the former question is definitely priority!

Thanks for your help!

Anne Troy

Anne
No formatting in protected forms.

What macro did you try that didn't work?
Can we use it as a starting point?

rosslee

This isn't working for me at all. Are there any other fixes or macro codes for this?
Thanks

Anne Troy

Anne
Can I get your file? Perhaps there's something about your file...

Or tell me what is not working?
It's not spell checking?
A REALLY common problem is to find that the language isn't set.
Unprotect.
Select all (ctrl+A)
Tools-Language-Set language
Make sure none of it is set to "no proofing"

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry. That can't be your file? Did you give the wrong link?
I need to know what line the "method or data member not found" occurs on (after you get this message, hit debug and tell me what line is yellowed).
What language are you using?

rosslee

Hi Jen,
Well, i didn't use macros cos they are a nightmare. Basically i inserted page breaks around the areas that i wanted the user to spellcheck and then portected only certain sections of the document. hope this helps. it was an ideal solution for my problem but may not suit you!
Ross

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online