1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spending New Money

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Davec, Oct 20, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

Does anybody know how much of my money the treasury is spending on advertising the new $20?

2. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

I heard it was 33 million dollars!!!

Chari

3. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

About $21.00 per bill :D :eek:

4. Davec

I wish that was funny.

5. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

gotta add some levity to the subject otherwise I'll go insane. :D

6. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I haven't been able to scrape together $20 yet to see one! :D Can anyone spare one??? :D

7. RSM123

RSM123

8. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

Maybe I'm wrong... but,

Does the treasury department have a budget, for say, advertising or such? Perhaps they're simply spending what they're already getting; what they have already set aside for such a purpose. If such is the case, the money would simply be spent on something similar (IE, promoting museum of coins, promoting new $1, etc lol ;)).

Just a thought... spent most of day today going over the advertising budget at work, lol...

9. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

:D Always a smart one in the crowd! :p :D It's just not the same if I can't actually hold it in my hands! Maybe Mulder can spare one! :D

10. coderitr

coderitr

Isn't it illegal to make reproductions of currency? I know that law was passed before the internet was invented by Al Gore :) but shouldn't it apply to people like CNN with digital images of the new bills?

11. Davec

That makes me feel better. If it's been budgeted for something stupid it must be spent on something stupid. Even if they don't have it.

12. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

The image is marked specimen. I would bet that it was provided by the Treasury Department.

It sounds stupid, but I remember hearing stories when the "big head" bills came out of some places not believing they were real.

But don't worry, they are the treasury, they are the ones who make money. ;)

13. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

To be honest, I don't believe they've probably even spent much at all at advertising this. Everything I have heard, and seen, has come from the news on reporting it; and they do not pay the news to report it.

All I was getting at was that the teasury department has a certain budget that is made. At some point they decided to set aside say X dollars towards advertisement. The new twenty comes along, and they decide, lets take X amount of the advertising budget to advertise the new twenty so people know about it. In this situation, I will say that it doesn't matter whether they spent the money on the $20 or not, because the money was budgetted away for advertising, whatever it might be. Not spending it on the $20 does not mean that it could then be spent on say education.

To be upset with the above, would be to be upset with the fact that X amount was budgetted for advertising. To change this would be to change where the teasury spends money, how much they can spend, how much they get, etc...

14. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

As long as the new bills get put into circulation, what does it matter if it goes to a bank or to pay off advertisers?

15. john1

john1

Does anybody know how much of my money the treasury
    is spending on advertising the new $20?

well i could guess .....
    $00.000-000-000-01 cent

Certainly not enough to worry about.

John :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice