1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spider Solitaire statistics

Discussion in 'Games' started by Brisbourne, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brisbourne

Brisbourne Thread Starter

I've just upgraded my PC, and want to migrate my statistics (hard won over 2000 games!) to my ne machine. Moving from Win 2K to XP. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks, Alex

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

try moving the spider.exe file to the same directory. I think the stats are in the exe file.

3. Brisbourne

no, I initally tried this, but end up with a new game, no stats. There a couple of other small files in the directory but moving them over to XP with the exe didn't help either. Could they be stored in registry or similar?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Found it in the registry:

HKCU/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/SPIDER

On that folder, you can export it (FILE / EXPORT) and a screen will pop up. Make sure the EXPORT RANGE is the path to the SPIDER folder (like above). Save it (name it spider.reg and point it to the desktop for ease) and then transfer the file to the other machine. When you have copied it to the other machine, just double click it and it should overwrite the WXP one.

5. Brisbourne

That is where they were: thanks! Actually it is easier to use Regedit, and pick out the score fields, modifying these to the correct values (esp. if the old machine is beside you to look at the hex values when using the'edit' command). Moving the .reg files across the network is a permissions pain!
    Now I know, will have to stay honest on the scoring!

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

:) well you could have copied it to a floppy disk :) It would have worked that way too :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!