Spider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackmirror

I found this crawling on my path
I have never seen one like it and i didn't want to get too close
Wheres the best place online to identify it please?
I am drawing a blank

Attachments

Guyzer

Guy
It looks like you ran across a Cross Spider aka European garden spider

Gabriel

Account Closed
That is a great spider Donna. If you get behind and above the spider with the camera, there is less chance of it attacking, as I don't think it would run backward at you, or jump straight up in the air, flip around and latch on.:D

Blackmirror

That is a great spider Donna. If you get behind and above the spider with the camera, there is less chance of it attacking, as I don't think it would run backward at you, or jump straight up in the air, flip around and latch on.:D
my son was trying to get it on a piece of card and it flipped on its back and played dead:D
I was not going to take the chance to get too close as i was puzzled as to what it was :eek:
im a big girls blouse where spiders are concerned i hold my hands up :D

Gabriel

Account Closed
Playing dead is a good strategy for spiders. I have knocked spiders off of me, as a kid, and when they curled up, I thought I really hurt or killed them, and felt badly. I wondered why they would disappear when I passed by the spot again.

Blackmirror

I didnt get to take a photo of a wasp attacking a spider in a web
that would have been a good shot
it was trying to pinch the fly lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online