Spiking Ping.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rtanner222

Hello;

Just want to say that last time i asked for help on here i got consistent feedback and support, so thanks for all of the input!. I really appreciated it!.

I am having some minor issues with ping, which is affecting online gaming and would be really greatful for some help.

I have tried as much as i know and will state below, again any help is very much appreciated.

I have a MSI A68HM grenade with a consistent speed of 144.5 mb/s, it used the IPv4 connectivity.

So firstly i have run a ping test using Xirrus Wifi inspector. This gives me a result of 11ms. I have used another tool giving me on average 30ms.

I have then used a command prompt and used ping google.com-t to give me constant updates. The average results are around 20-30ms however it spikes frequently to the point where games become unplayable for example 532ms or sometimes 1536ms.

Is there anything i can do to stop this?. The last problem i had with internet connectivity required me to remove an antivirus programme, and i have dont the same this time but has had no effect.

Thanks
R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online