1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spiky internet for no apparent reason.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Vegatarian, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vegatarian

Vegatarian Thread Starter

I use a Verizon USB modem. Up until yesterday I had no issues with any of my online games then suddenly as of yesterday I'm spiking upwards of 12k MS on all games. I was using WoW as my testing grounds but even Star Wars is doing it now. As a side not I'm also having an issue where when I'm typing the tracer guide randomly jumps around or deletes everything I've typed at random. Don't know if it has anything to do with it. Even servers that are a located less than a mile away. Can anyone help?

Appreciate the help!

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro

i would suspect some sort of infection. go to security.live.com and run the ms scanner there, then run a malwarebytes scan. then update your antivirus and run a full scan. if that doesn't find anything, we can try something else.

3. Vegatarian

Vegatarian Thread Starter

Did all that. Didn't seem to help at all.

4. kanaitpro

kanaitpro

just had a thought, are you using a 64 bit browser by chance? this may be the cause.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Have you spoken to the ISP to see if there is any utilization issues?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093970