Spilled water on ThinkPad W530...What should I do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dawudkhan

I spilled water on my Lenovo ThinkPad W530 one or two months ago... First the keyboard stopped working, then it doesn't even start..

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Immediately after you spilled water in your laptop 1 - 2 months ago, what did you do?
There are certain methods to dealing with spilled liquid in a laptop.
If not done quickly and properly, a laptop can wind up as a paperweight or doorstop.

------------------------------------------------

You can take it to a repair shop and see what can be done. Water damage is usually irreversible.

dawudkhan

Immediately after you spilled water on your laptop 1 - 2 months ago, what did you do?
There are certain methods to dealing with spilled liquid in a laptop.
If not done quickly and properly, a laptop can wind up as a paperweight or doorstop.

------------------------------------------------
So...I opened it up disassembled it, and let it dry for a week, then I tried using it and the keys weren't working, so I just left it alone. 2 months later, I tried starting it, and when I start charging it and press the power button, its lights and everything opens up for a second or two, and then everything goes black again. Even after closing, I can still hear its fan spinning but very loud. That's all... sorry for my bad English, I had to write this quickly

Thanks man. Have a good day.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online