1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spilt Tea - Cant detect wireless networks n keyboard problems!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chicouk, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicouk

chicouk Thread Starter

Hey all!

my dog accidently jumped on my table and spilt tea all over my keyboard. Thank god it still works even though the keyboard doesnt really work properly which i am not too bothered about as i am going to get it fixed next week

Main problem is ever since the incident, my wireless adaptor does work but howwever it doesnt detect any wireless networks. I am using windows 7 and i can load up the wireless manager where i can select my wire less network.. but for some reason all i can isee it Dial-up and VPN and above saying "connections are available" even though no wireless networks are showing

normally i can see about 6 in my neighbour hood but all i can see is a dial up one that i setup a few months ago

my wireless adapter is Atheros AR9284 Wireless network adapter

Thanks!

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

How do you know he accidentally did it? :D

Seriously, if it is a laptop computer and there is a chance the spill ran under the keyboard, I would disconnect the power and take the battery out until it is completely dry. This took almost two weeks for my sons laptop.

If it's a desktop, just use another keyboard until this one dries.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice