Spilt Tea - Cant detect wireless networks n keyboard problems!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chicouk

Hey all!

my dog accidently jumped on my table and spilt tea all over my keyboard. Thank god it still works even though the keyboard doesnt really work properly which i am not too bothered about as i am going to get it fixed next week

Main problem is ever since the incident, my wireless adaptor does work but howwever it doesnt detect any wireless networks. I am using windows 7 and i can load up the wireless manager where i can select my wire less network.. but for some reason all i can isee it Dial-up and VPN and above saying "connections are available" even though no wireless networks are showing

normally i can see about 6 in my neighbour hood but all i can see is a dial up one that i setup a few months ago

my wireless adapter is Atheros AR9284 Wireless network adapter

Thanks!

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
How do you know he accidentally did it? :D

Seriously, if it is a laptop computer and there is a chance the spill ran under the keyboard, I would disconnect the power and take the battery out until it is completely dry. This took almost two weeks for my sons laptop.

If it's a desktop, just use another keyboard until this one dries.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts