Spitting into the wind(metaphorically)

BanditFlyer

I think I can make Da Vinci's crazy human-powered ornithopter idea work.

Here's what I need:

1. Some concept of mechanical design and a software program that will help in it(maybe AutoCAD - I've never used it so I really don't know) . Are there any such open-source programs available - I've heard AutoCAD is very expensive

2. A tutorial on Mechanical Engineering - I said I was spitting into the wind didn't I !

3. Some egging on from wild-eyed TSG members

FYI - an ornithopter is a device that attempts to fly in the same manner as a bird, by flapping it's wings. They've been made in paper, metal, and various other materials. They have been successfully powered by rubber-bands, internal compustion engines, and just about everything other than an actual human.

Leonardo Da Vinci had the idea that a human could fly one of these using the strength of his legs and upper body. My idea is even more ridiculous than that - I think it can be done without legs - if you attempt to emulate an almost flightless bird.

This link shows a pic of (I think) one of Da Vinci's devices.http://mav.me.byu.edu/Final%20Logo%20oct_6.jpg

I appreciate any info anyone has on mechanical engineering, AutoCAD-type freeware, etc.

Gabriel

Account Closed
After your done figuring this one out Bandit, design a perpetual motion machine:)

I'm working on the perpetual motion!

Actually, I have been wondering about perpetual electricity machines, a generator that runs off of its own power, and also makes enough to lend to other devices...

BanditFlyer

loserOlimbs said:
I'm working on the perpetual motion!

Actually, I have been wondering about perpetual electricity machines, a generator that runs off of its own power, and also makes enough to lend to other devices...
I've actually seen something along those lines, but much .... I guess weaker is the term I'm looking for.

It's an idea I'd give away freely to you, but since I don't know how you feel about sharing it, I'll email you.

BanditFlyer said:
Bump,

Any mechanical engineers in this forum?
Forget the M.E.'s................go with a geneticist.................or, wait til you die and go to heaven.:)

Gabriel

Account Closed
Hey...what about ME....don't I get a peek at the perpetual energy thing:) :) :) :mad:

I swear current engines are a scam of some sort...

I think any energy you create can be reused.

Or at least used to creat more energy.

valis

sounds like an interesting read....may have to track that one down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online