Splicing speaker wires

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Biddlesby

I always thought creative were better than Logitech in the speaker department. Those speakers have great reviews.

The way I understand it, you can splice wires because they're just electrical signals. Anybody else have anything to say on this?

Splices will have absolutely no effect on the sound quality. However, depending on the wattage of your speakers, the wire guage in the cable will matter. The higher the wattage (translate to current in the wire) the heavier the gauge of wire that should be used to minimize losses in the cable.

I'd recommend a set of logitech z640's for around the same cost as the creative set you linked to. You'll get more output and excellent quality.

The z-640's and z-680's lack a little on the midrange and volume for me.. I'm useing two sets of Z-3's.
For better sound, at the same price, but only 2.1 channel, get a set of Z-3's.

The Z-3 2.1 channel speakers have sound that's just about as close to perfect that you can get.

Which ones? the 5.1 logitech sets are a little pricy ijust had the 2.1 they are great. when they came out the were rated as one of the best if not the best in their price range.

Biddlesby

The creative ones i linked to at the beginning compared to the logitech ones that were linked to.

If you go with the creative set you dont need to splice the wires because you can buy cable extensions for those speakers from creative or even a general hardware store.

The logitechs are just as good or better than creative. Both have excellent sound. The logitechs are normally louder, which is why I recommended them. The creative are fine, but kinda lacking in the BOOM department. If you have a normal sized room, you'll want the extra kick the logitechs give.

You shouldn't have to splice wires with either choice as both connect with standard RCA plugs. Just get a dual RCA extention cable and if need be pull it in half to separate the wires..

The creative are fine, but kinda lacking in the BOOM department.

Oh, i dunno, i have 6.1 creative speakers and they definatly dont lack in the boom department.

But yeah, you should be able to buy the extension cables for both sets of speakers.

Biddlesby

I've decided to go for the 6.1 creatives. They look good. Now it's a question of using my onboard AC'97 5.1 sound or getting a creative soundcard....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online