1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

split a usb header on an intel motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dragonlight, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonlight

dragonlight Thread Starter

I have an intel motherboard, I have one usb header on it, and it's in use, I have a usb card reader that I have installed in my computer. I don't have any more usb headers on my mbd. Is such a thing that will allow me to split header and let connect both of those items?

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

I'm assuming that you are talking about an internal card reader? You are looking to connect this to an internal port? or is this a external?

3. dragonlight

yes, it's a card reader, and I have front usb ports. I wander if there is a splitter that would let me share the one motherboard usb header for both items.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

Probably but it would be easier just to add a usb expansion card to an open PCI slot(assuming you have an open PCI slot)

5. dragonlight

I have an open pci slot. I have tried to find a card that would give me an internal usb header... I just find cards that have four or three or five usb ports and one plug for a usb cable on the inside. if you know of any pci card that has the actuall headers on them.. that would be great.

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

simpswr, that one has the standard USB connector on the inside, he's looking for one with the four pin header.

8. dragonlight

Yeah, one with a four pin header.... thank you...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice