1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

split screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HINDU, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HINDU

    HINDU Thread Starter

    Feb 21, 2014
    I have a vertical split screen and I need to restore to a single full screen. It is not a full screen and I am unable to see all the icons.
  2. staticattic


    Aug 10, 2004
    Is it a Dell 630? Actually it can be any note book made since about 2005. The video chips are installed using something called pin grid array. little balls of solder are melted at each contact on the chip. what is happening is your heatsink is clogged and has gotten so hot it has remelted those balls of solder. Go to you tube and search fo solder reflow. you may be able to fix by putting the motherboard in the oven or use a heat gun. you Will also need to clean the heatsink and silicone anpossibly the thermal pads depending on make. get those on ebay.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123029

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice