1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spliting Cd Tracks

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alfiegeorge, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alfiegeorge

alfiegeorge Thread Starter

does anybody know how i can split a full concert into two cd,s as concert is much to long for one cd:confused:

2. randyrayd

randyrayd

Take full CD out between songs and put in the other?????

I'm not really sure I understand the question.

Randall

3. Grimalkin

Grimalkin

4. somak_de

somak_de

i once used a software called dvd cutter.

it capture a portion of the video specified by you and cut into pieces. this is very useful when you want to save a particular scene from a movie.
    see that works or not

5. slipe

slipe

If you have the full retail version of good recording software it probably has a wave editor that will let you do that. If not, you can use Feurio: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml The demo is full featured and doesnÂ’t expire.

6. randyrayd

randyrayd

You guys are really confusing me, but that's an easy thing to do.
    I don't know as much as a lot of you and these comments/ questions are to help me learn, so I'm not being a wise guy.

My joke earlier was meant to get some more information.

It sounds like he's recording a concert (illegal?) on a different medium, initially, other than CD.

Why does he need software? Just stop playing his previous recording between songs, and put another CD in the burner.

Your comments would be appreciated to aid in my learning process.

Thanks, y'all.
    Randall

7. kramnnim

kramnnim

Randy: Recording CD's with a normal CD-R drive isn't quite like recording with a tape recorder...
    He needs software to chop the concert into parts which he can then burn to multiple CDs...

I used Goldwave to chop a couple concerts up into tracks, but that was only audio...

Alfie, what format is the concert in, and are you wanting both audio and video, or just audio?

8. randyrayd

randyrayd

I'm older than most of you probably and was a bit of an audiophile. We used to do a lot of "dubbing" of sound tracks way back in BC (before computers). A device to play, and a device to record. Fade out the source with your volume control, when there's no sound, stop your recording. Pick you next track, start your recording and fade in your source. You can chop it up all you want to without software and it would sound the same as a "live concert" CD. But I realize things have changed. I just thought it could be done that way without purchasing software. Of course you would need audio equipment, but if he's recording a concert I figured he would already have that.

The good ol' days.

Thanks for your patience.

Randall

9. randyrayd

randyrayd

For some reason I double posted. I edited it out but had to post something. Sorry.

rd

10. alfiegeorge

alfiegeorge Thread Starter

thanks you guys for your help but i want to burn a whole audio concert on to two seperate cds the software i use at the moment will only reconise it as one long continous track so it comes up that it carnt burn as the data is too long for the cd and just rejects the whole thing.
    so im going to have ago at the software mr slipe suggested thanks again you lot for all your help
    hey isnt the internet such a wonderfull thing regards alfiegeorge.

11. kramnnim

kramnnim

What file type is the concert in? mp3? Wav? But yes, try what Slipe suggested, or Goldwave, or some other wav editor, and you can easily chop the audio up into individual songs or whatever.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice