"Splitter " switch for pinter?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Oneoldman

I've a new laser printer that I want to share between two pc s.....is there a selector type switch available that will allow me to select between 2 pcs...and, if so, how would I identify it by name so as to be able to recognize it when looking up a source for it?

leroys1000

Banned
Are the computers networked together?
If they are,you can just set it up as a networked printer
on the second computer.
If not,there are switches.How is it connected?
USB?

Oneoldman

I cehcked on e bay after reading your replies... there is indeed, a push button "A ..or "B"... where one or the other pcs can be selecdted.....PCs are not networked.. Thanks for something I should have thohght of myself... blame it on old age... I see the switch for about 15 bucks including shipping... that's for me..
Tnx again

Oneoldman

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the feedback.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online