splitting a file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gringo_pr

I was wondering is there a program that could split a file in windows and then put it back together on a mac thanks
willie

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to get a file from a PC to a Mac or make it smaller? What type of file is it?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Yep, more information would help in this case. We want to give not only the best solution but the easiest solution to do the job.

gringo_pr

ok i have a pc and my friend has a mac i have a big file on my computer and want to move to his mac i need to split it on mine and rebuild it on his

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
How big is the file?
Are both the computers networked?
Do you have a USB dirve?
How do you plan on moving the file between each computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online