1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sponsored links on left of page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mia0710, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mia0710

mia0710 Thread Starter

i have xp with i.e 8 and sp3 installed.a couple of days ago i noticed that when on web pages i was getting a sponsored links column opening on the left hand side of the screen:mad:.after a few searches i discovered that if i clicked on view then explorer bars then unchecked search panel this column went away:) but every time i clicked on another page it reapeared and search panel was checked again:confused:.this seems to show when on e-bay and also google it shows with sponsored links on the left as well as the links which always seem standard on the right..does anybody know how i can stop this sponsored link from opening on the left hand side of my screen.....

2. abkTech

abkTech

You might have installed some new software that has installed this add-on in IE. Open Tools->Manage Add-ons->Enable or Disable Add-ons. You have to find which add-on is causing this. You can disable it directly if you know its name otherwise disable all of them and enable them again but one-by-one and check for the result.

If you know which new installed software could have caused it, you could probably be able to uninstall the add-on or the complete software from Add/Remove programs to fix the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice