Spontaneous reboot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnpaul

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 161811 MB; E: Total - 1430795 MB, Free - 1271791 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD, P45 Neo3 (MS-7514)
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

For the past couple days, my PC will reboot, out of the blue. When it loads up again, I get an error message, three of which are below. What are the messages telling me?

JP

Attachments

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

johnpaul

I followed the directions and the box to create a small minidump is already checked.

On a purely technical point, there is no BSOD. The screen simply goes black and the reboot occurs by itself.

JP

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
The error messages say that minidumps have been created.

Go to Folder Options and check Show hidden files and folders.

Look inside the Minidump folder again.

Also, make sure the Small dump directory is: %SystemRoot%\Minidump (In the Startup and Recovery window).

johnpaul

Hidden files and folders was already checked. Minidump still empty.

As for... %SystemRoot%\Minidump (In the Startup and Recovery window). I'm afraid I don't understand.

JP

johnpaul

Sorry about the brain freeze....

Yes, the Small dump directory is already %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

JP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts