1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spool32 LXARPR.DRV @ .0004:003B16 "Help"

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by B00204605, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

I am fixing a friends computer. It's a Copaq Pressario 5032, Pentium II Win 98 4.1. I added a card to support a new lexmark LX73. She has DSL and Bell South says that i can't run a printer USB and DSL off the same card. I split them up and now there is a spool32 error in module LxARPR>DRV at .004:0003b16. I have checked all the obvious and performed a clean install of the printer. Then downloaded the updated drivers from Lexmark. The performed an illegal operation window pops up and the details mention the above Spool32 error. She does not have the money to upgrade. How can I trick the system into printing to the printer. :confused:

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

The technician you spoke to was obviously correct. If you want to use a printer then, don't use a USB printer use a parallel printer. Often these printers are USB or parallel, you just have to buy a parallel cable. you either need a dual-use (parallel or USB) printer or a parallel port only printer. You can't 'trick' the system. Save yourself the time now and quit fighting the system. Often printers can be exchanged with a register receipt.

3. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

Thanks for the input Styxx,
    Is this true even if the rear card i installed runs the DSL and the Factory Front side USB runs the printer. I guess my instructor in A+ did not cover this topic.

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

All I can tell is that the computer crashes when you attempt to use the printer. It and the DSL modem are USB. You should try a parallel printer. If you add-in a USB card and the machine still crashes the hard drive, try something different - a parallel printer.

I believe that no matter how many additional USB cards you have in the machine, the devices/cards still use just one (the same) USB capability on the computer's mainboard (1 chip, for example) and, USB printers can act funny - you may actually have a run onto a defective printer (very likely) that's causing your difficulties. You may need to upgrade the USB driver from the version you've got there, but still, the easiest way is just to use the standard legacy printer type and be done with it, Ok?

Sorry you've had trouble with this. USB printers can be a real bother, I've advised personal clients to go to parallel printers from USB before after they've had the same troubles.

5. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

I will relay the message to my customer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice