1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spooler problem (I think)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marvy42, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvy42

Marvy42 Thread Starter

The problem started several months ago: whenever I asked to print a page, an HP message popped up that said "Unable to communicate with printer". When that message appeared, the printer was either printing what I asked it to, or had just finished. I just got a new printer (a cheapo HP Deskjet 1112, but that had nothing to do with the above problem). However, the problem has carried itself forward to the new printer. Another strange thing is that, whereas the printer used to immediately shut down when I pressed the Off button, now it takes its time (same for both the old and new printers). None of this seems to get in the way of printing things, but it's annoying. I ran HP's Print And Scan Doctor 5.1, but that didn't fix anything. If there's something wrong with the spooler itself, I have no idea how to fix it.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8138 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 293 GB (167 GB Free); D: 292 GB (23 GB Free); E: 196 GB (173 GB Free); F: 292 GB (234 GB Free); G: 148 GB (100 GB Free); H: 1862 GB (1179 GB Free); I: 195 GB (186 GB Free); J: 292 GB (258 GB Free); K: 150 GB (103 GB Free); L: 0 GB (0 GB Free); Z: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97
    Antivirus: ESET Security, Enabled and Updated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice