1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spooler Sub System App Has Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Donoldsongs, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donoldsongs

Donoldsongs Thread Starter

Vista Ultimate on HP2040 desktop, Canon Pixma IP3300. Printing was great until 2 days ago, when it just stopped! The following error message appeared:
    "Server properties cannot be viewed. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine".
    I waded through the mess in "Help" mode, and finally found how to restart the spool, but as the green progress bar got half way, it slowed, and cancelled itself. It read,
    " Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1053. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
    I am reading all over the web that Microsoft has a problem that they are not dealing with on this issue, and a couple of threads are offering ways to go into safe mode and mess with this or that, but being a novice, I would have to have step by step instructions that I could understand, or I could ruin everything! It seems that this problem started when I allowed MS to automatically download and spdate my computer, and it seems that their updates are allergic to the programs that have worked well for years on my computer!
    Please help, so that I can continue on with life as we know it.....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice