1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spoolsv and new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yoss, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoss

yoss Thread Starter

Hello. I searched for problems with this, but none were quite what I am experiencing.

We have a Panasonic DP-2310 as one of the printers on our small network. Never had a problem with it. We recently replaced an older computer (running Win XP, SP2) with a new Dell Precision (WinXP, SP2) and since have been experiencing problems.

After windows loads, I get the Spoolsv.exe error message.

When I try to print to the panasonic from certain applications, I get the error message that the memory could not be written to, and then when I try to check the print status, it tells me there are no printers installed.

The applications I've been having trouble with are a payroll program and ms excel. Payroll vendor tech support says it's not their problem, I can only imagine the excel vendor (whoever that could be) would say the same thing.

I re-installed the printer, followed the MS knowledgebase articles on deleting the printer from the registry and re-installed, but I still get these errors. I can print to another printer on the network, but not the panasonic. no other machines are having this problem.

Upon 1st reboot after problem, I get the spoolsv error message. After rebooting again, no messages.

adaware, spybot and virus scans run with no results.

came installed with Norton. I have since uninstalled it to see if that was the problem, no such luck.

The only software difference between this machine and the old is the old was running ms office 2003, new has ms office 2003 sp2. (access has been acting a bit squirrly sporadically. maybe just a symptom of the whole problem??)

anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Is this network connected or direct connected? Have you tried the latest drivers from here?

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/mfp/download/

Have you looked at the old ocmputers settings in the print and ensured all settings were the same as the ones on the new computer?

3. yoss

yoss Thread Starter

It's network connected.

All settings are the same.

I haven't downloaded those drivers. Since the model is discontinued, I'm not sure if those are any more up to date than the ones installed, but I'll do that now.

thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice