1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spoolsv.exe is missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by seby1689, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seby1689

seby1689 Thread Starter

I have run into the problem of a missing windows system file - spoolsv.exe. I tried to restart the Print Spooler under Control Panel/Administrative Services/Services so that I could use my printer. It told me that spoolsv.exe was missing. My operating system is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4. Could someone help me locate the spoolsv file over the Internet? I would prefer not to have to reinstall my operating system, because everything other than printer is working fine. In fact, I would prefer to spend a couple of weeks trying to procure this file somewhere in order to avoid a lengthy and painful Windows re-installation.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. seby1689

seby1689 Thread Starter

thanks ozrom.. I followed the instructions with regedit, but my registry doesn't have the <Trouble Printer> key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\ Control\Print\Printers\

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Bummer, I can not tell you to edit the registry and add this but have you tried un-installing your printer and rebooting the computer and re-installing the printer?

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

6. seby1689

seby1689 Thread Starter

Actually I did a search and found a spoolsv.exe in a backup folder for a Win2000/Service Pack 4 Installation. I restarted the print spooler and was able to print right after. Thank you for your help, ozrom1e. (Problem Resolved)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!