Sporadic Windows shutdown! Need help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

latvianpride

I am running windows xp sp2. I get sporadic shutdowns. Sometimes it is just as I am trying to log onto windows. sometimes it is when I plug in my usb key. (sometimes plugging in the key is fine) And other times I come back to my computer and see that it has shut down. The BSOD says:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A (0xE1D0D390,Ox000000FF,0x00000000,0x80563cd6)
The last hexadecimal number always has 80563 in it.
I have tried to repair windows Xp with the install disk (and then reinsatlled SP2) but there is still a problem. I would love to resolve this without doing a complete reinstall.

Desperately hoping someone can help!

This is a tuff one. Normally, this is related to either physical memory, or power supply is failing.

If you decide to do a clean install, and during the installation it's telling you that files can't be copied saying "skip, abort, etc". Then you have memory issues.

If you do a clean install, don't really put big applications, and it still happens, then most likely I would change the power supply (and a cheap 15$ power supply won't do it either).

Hopefully, this can help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online