1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sproatic problems Logitec Webcam using MS Live messenger

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by guyinnj10, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guyinnj10

guyinnj10 Thread Starter

Both my son and I have the same model Logitech webcams, I have no problems speaking to other people in a video call using MS Live..

My son has sporatic issues, Sometimes it works perfectly other times he he sees my video but I can't see his nor does his camera turn on,,He has reloaded the software several times and updates the MS live chat program,
    Like I said sometimes it works then other times not,,He has a broadband ISP but his computer is an old Dell have but 256meg ram ( may500 but no more ).

Any thoughts would be appreciated

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What is your son's operating system? If it's XP, 256 Mb is definitely not enough and might explain why your son is having this issue. Other applications suddently running at the same time, like an antivirus definition update, or any programs running in the background while using the webcam will definitely cause this type of sporadic behavior.

3. guyinnj10

guyinnj10 Thread Starter

Thanks ,,Yes he is running XP...
    I have to imagine that his machine is stressed, But what is interesting is that for weeks it will work fine and then not for weeks... then work,,,

Some times he reboots and the only thing he opens is the MS live and the webcam and still the problen is there... I''ll have him check Ram usage next time ,,,,

4. Phantom010

You could also get a HijackThis log from him. To do so,

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

5. guyinnj10

guyinnj10 Thread Starter

Thanks for the effort ,Ill have to pass for a while ,,He is away on business and we are 800 miles apart

6. Phantom010

He could send you the log by e-mail?

7. guyinnj10

guyinnj10 Thread Starter

He could , but like I said he isnt home and thats where the computer is located,,,
    Thanks for the effort I'll try when he returns and write you

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/870144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice